We appreciate and love EVERY Volunteer! No matter how small the task, how few the hours, your time helps us to be who we are – and maintain being the best place to consign and shop!!! We cannot do what we do without you, which is why we strive to offer you the special incentive to shop first. It’s just our little way to say THANK YOU!
Do you want to shop for the BEST bargains FIRST?
*If you are already a registered Consignor and want to Volunteer LOG IN to your account and select the Volunteer shift you would like to work.
If for any reason you are unable to work your shift we ask that you please call us 24 hours in advance so that we can find a replacement for your shift. If the sale has not started and there is a conflict with your assigned Volunteer shift, don’t worry! You can log in and change your shift before the beginning of the sale by Sunday. We understand emergencies will happen and will treat them on a case by case basis.
Volunteer Job Descriptions:
- We send out an email to those who sign up to put out yard signs
- You’ll get instruction on best locations & areas we must avoid.
- You’ll be responsible for putting out 25 yard signs in the area you signed up for (which hopefully is where you live, since you’ll know the best locations)!
- We send an insane amount of money on yard signs. They simply cost a lot – so each one counts!
- We like to get most of them out 8 weeks prior to the sale, but please reserve 3-5 signs to put out the weekend before the sale!
- We typically put them in busy intersections, highway off ramps, etc…anywhere that cars are stopped and have a chance to read the sign.
- Please only place them on public property – unless you have permission to do otherwise (i.e., a friend’s yard)
- Many of the signs will disappear on their own, but if you see any lingering after the sale, please pick them up and throw them away.
If you volunteered for Westchester, do not put signs in Port Chester or Mamaroneck.
- This shift is NOT as easy as you may think. It’s really a 2-person team going around in a car.
- Be prepared for some heavy lifting or Volunteer your husband to help… Volunteers will be unloading, setting up racks, tables, hanging signs and more to get ready for the sale.
- Some Volunteers will be checking in and looking over Consignors merchandise.
- It could be your responsibility to thoroughly look through all consigned items and determine if they follow the Tiny Tots Kids Consignments acceptance policies.
- Once all items are checked, Volunteers will help distribute the items on the sales floor in the appropriate sections.
- Tiny Tots Kids Consignment people will be on site to aid in any questions you may have.
- Volunteers must make all final adjustments to the sales floor prior to the opening of our PreSales.
- Tasks include setting up check-out area, double checking clothing for sizing issues, making sure everything is in its orderly place and grouped appropriately on the sale floor.
- During this time Volunteers ARE NOT allowed to pre-shop or pull items aside before our PreSales begin.
- Volunteers will be scanning tags, bagging merchandise, and assisting shoppers in various needs.
- Volunteers will also be monitoring the sales floor for items out of place and any other problems.
- We will also be asking that you quickly put away any go-backs so they may be sold quickly.
- This is where we really need the most assistance.
- Re-Sorters are responsible for gathering up and preparing each Consignors merchandise for pick-up after the sale is over.
- This includes sorting through all unsold sale items and putting them in the appropriate Consignors pick up piles.
- We will need very dedicated volunteers that can work fast and efficiently to get this done quickly so we can allow for Consignor pick up early the next morning.
- Volunteers will help Consignors pick up their unsold merchandise at the close of the sale.
- Not all Consignors will pick up their merchandise.
- Volunteers will monitor the sales floor to insure no merchandise is picked up or taken mistakenly, and may assist Consignors in the removal of their unsold items.
We do a lot of advertising, but you can help us spread the word too. Referrals are the best type of advertising! If you would like to display a flyer at your child’s school or daycare, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a flyer. Thank you in advance for spreading the word.
Email your friends, neighbors, family etc. this page link www.tinytotsconsignment.com. We appreciate your help getting the word out!
Thanks again in advance!
Mary + Annie